Mira Pandya, DPM
Meet Mira Pandya, DPM
Dr. Mira Pandya is a board certified fellowship trained foot and ankle surgeon.
Dr. Pandya completed her foot and ankle surgery fellowship at the South Central Pennsylvania Reconstructive Foot and Ankle Fellowship in Lancaster, PA. Throughout her fellowship training, she treated an array of complex foot and ankle conditions including post-traumatic deformities, painful arthritis, nerve entrapments of the lower limb, sports injuries, flatfoot / cavus foot deformity, and ankle instability. She has extensive training in ankle arthroscopy, minimally invasive techniques, and uses state-of-the-art technology and advanced techniques to improve patient outcomes. She is dedicated to patient education and believes a team-based approach including both surgical and conservative management optimizes patient care.
Dr. Pandya completed her surgical residency in Washington, DC at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital/Medstar Washington Hospital Center, a level I trauma center and home to the renowned limb salvage institution. She has been involved with several research studies and publications that have been presented at conferences nationally and internationally. She completed her podiatric medical education at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science in North Chicago, IL.
Dr. Pandya grew up in the suburbs of New York City, after which she moved to upstate NY for her undergraduate studies at the University at Buffalo.
She enjoys spending time with family and friends, exploring local restaurants, and living an active lifestyle. She is excited to help the Phoenix community get back to doing what they love!
- 08/2020 – 07/2021 South Central Pennsylvania Reconstructive Foot and Ankle Fellowship
- Focused in elective reconstruction of the lower extremity, complex revisional reconstruction of forefoot and hindfoot, and sports medicine in adult and pediatric population
- 06/2017 – 06/2020 MedStar Georgetown University Hospital / MedStar Washington Hospital Center Foot & Ankle Surgery Residency, Washington, D.C.
- Level I Trauma Center, academic institution with unique exposure to inpatient and outpatient management with multidisciplinary approach to patient care
- 08/2013 – 06/2017 Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine, North Chicago, IL
- Degree: Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- 08/2009 – 05/2013 University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- Degree: Bachelor of Science, Biological Sciences
- Concentration: Pre-Health Studies
- 08/2020 University of Pittsburgh Medical Center – Lititz Hospital Internal Medicine Grand Rounds: Top 10 Most Common Foot and Ankle Pathology
- 06/2020 MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Podiatric Surgery Grand Rounds: Achilles Tendon Complications – Case Review
- 05/2020 MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Podiatric Surgery Grand Rounds: Staged Approach to Tibiotalocalcaneal Fusion After Anterolateral Thigh Free Flap for Treatment of Avascular Necrosis of Talus – Case Presentation
- 04/2020 MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Podiatric Surgery Grand Rounds: Introduction to Total Ankle Arthroplasty
- 04/2020 MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Podiatric Surgery Grand Rounds: “Found Down” Compartment Syndrome
- 08/2019 American Academy of Foot and Ankle Osteosynthesis Advanced Course, Dallas, TX: Surgical Management in a Neglected Case of Ankle Charcot Neuroarthropathy - Case Presentation
- 07/2019 Foot and Ankle Surgery Round Table Seminar, Richmond, VA: Posterior Malleolar Fractures: When and How to Fixate
- 03/2019 American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons Arthroscopy Course, Chicago, IL: Management of Talar OCD in the Pediatric Patient – Case Presentation
- 10/2018 American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons Mid-Atlantic Region Complications Seminar, Fairfax, VA: Vascular Anomaly in an Elective Hallux Abductovalgus Case.
- 09/2018 MetroPod DC/Maryland/Virginia Resident Case Conference, Washington DC: The MultiDisciplinary Approach to Calcaneal Gait Requiring Ankle Fusion
- 12/2017 MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Podiatric Surgery Grand Rounds: The Subtle Cavus Foot
Awards and Honors
- 2016 Stuart J. Ruch DPM ’50 Memorial Scholarship
- 2016 Outstanding Service in Tutoring Award at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
- 2015 Student Leader Award Department of Podiatric Surgery and Applied Biomechanics at RFUMS
- 2015 APMA Educational Foundation Scholarship
- 2015 Midwest Division of American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons Scholarship
- 2015 American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons Scholarship Award
- 2013 Dr. Scholl Foundation Scholarship
- 2020 American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery Board Qualification Exam, Forefoot and Rearfoot, Pass
- 2019 Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Certification
- 2018 National Board of Podiatric Medical Examiners Part III – Pass
- 2017 National Board of Podiatric Medical Examiners Part II, Part II CS - Pass
- 2015 National Board of Podiatric Medical Examiners Part I – Pass
- Traveling, hiking, cooking, Peloton cycling, indoor house plants