Lyndsey Pike PA-C
Lyndsey Pike is a is a board-certified Physician Assistant who completed her master’s degree at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio. She is a Michigan native who completed her undergraduate education at the University of Michigan. After completing PA school, Lyndsey relocated to the Phoenix area and joined Desert Orthopedics Center.
She is excited to be a part of a new team providing orthopedic care to residents in the area. In her free time, she enjoys learning more about Arizona by exploring new hiking trails, trying out local restaurants, and spending time with family and friends.
Case Western Reserve University, School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH
Masters of Physician Assistant Studies Sep. 2022
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Bachelor of Science in Biopsychology, Cognition, and Neuroscience Minor in Biology May 2019
Clinical Experience Aug. 2021 – July 2022
- Worked alongside PAs and orthopedic surgeons in outpatient clinics and surgical cases
- Scrubbed into elective and trauma orthopedic cases, later acting as first assist to surgeons
- Experience in upper/lower extremity orthopedic surgeries and clinical presentations in adults and children
- Discussed pre- and post-operative care, treatment course, possible complications, and prognosis with patient and surgical team
Orthopedics and Trauma Surgery Elective,MetroHealth Medical Center Main Campus
General Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Euclid Hospital
- Observed and scrubbed into orthopedic, OB-GYN, general surgery, and podiatry cases
- Majority of cases included total hip and total knee replacements
- Precepted by multiple roles of surgical expertise, including APPs, residents/fellows, and attendings
Frankel Cardiovascular Center Unit 5, Michigan Medicine, Ann Arbor, MI
Patient Care Technical Associate Apr. 2019 – May 2020
- Provided direct patient care and assist with care management of patients in a moderate care inpatient unit within the Frankel Cardiovascular at Michigan Medicine Hospital.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, adapted PCTA skillset as unit was transformed into a COVID-19 ICU.
- Managed COVID patients with secondary comorbidities (CAD, post-MI, diabetes)
- Collaborated with nurses, respiratory therapists, and physicians to stabilize patients
Licenses and Memberships
- NCCPA Certified Physician Assistant
- Arizona Regulatory Board of Physician Assistants
- ACLS Certification
- BLS Certification
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
- Arizona State Association of Physician Assistants (ASAPA)
- Physician Assistants in Orthopedic Surgery (PAOS)