Kylie Yuhas, PA-C
Meet Kylie Yuhas, PA-C
Kylie Yuhas is a board-certified Physician Assistant who completed her Masters degree at Touro University in Henderson, Nevada. She is an Arizona native who completed her undergraduate education at University of California, Davis. After completing PA school, she practiced her first few years in Kansas City in orthopedics before returning home to Arizona, where she joined Desert Orthopedics Center.
She believes strongly in a collaborative effort to treating her patients and enjoys educating them on their orthopedic concerns. She strives to ensure patients are comfortable with the treatment plan in place with goals to reduce pain and improve patient function.
In her free time she enjoys spending time with her husband and two sons, working on home projects, as well as traveling up north to cooler skies in the mountains of Flagstaff.
Providers are now seeing patients at both Thompson Peak and Old Town locations.
- Collaborative health care professional with a deep passion for improving quality of life of patients with acute and chronic musculoskeletal injuries
- Independent thinker with exceptional communication and team-building skills, and previously held leadership positions
- Driven by a service to others and a strong desire to learn and effect change.
M.S. PA Touro University Nevada Physician Assistant Program
B.S. in Psychology University of California, Davis
- June, 2016-Present
Physician Assistant, PA-C
Kansas City Orthopaedic Institute: Urgent Care
Professional Experience as Physician Assistant:
- April, 2018-Present
Kansas City Orthopaedic Institute (KCOI):
Urgent Care Division through KCOI-
- Autonomously evaluate acute and chronic injuries
- Order and interpret radiographs
- Administer injections
- Apply splints and casts
- Educate patients regarding injuries
- Facilitate follow up and further diagnostics
- July, 2017- April, 2018
- Assisted urgent care during KCOI transition
- Provided broad PA services for hip and knee, foot and ankle, and upper extremity orthopaedics specialists in clinic and OR settings
- June, 2016-July, 2017
DOrthopaedics and Sports Medicine Consultants
- Provided broad PA services for hip and knee arthroplasty and revisions in clinic, hospital ward, and OR settings.
- Jan, 2016- May, 2016
Overland Park Surgical Specialists & Sports Medicine:
- Provided broad PA services in clinic, hospital ward, and OR settings for Level II trauma center.
Other Positions and Employment
Phlebotomist & Health Counselor
- Sept-Dec, 2009
Operating Room Intern- UC Davis Health System
Certification and Licensure
Certified Physician Assistant through NCCPA
Kansas Board of Healing Arts PA License
Missouri Division of Professional Registration
- In process
Arizona Regulatory Board of Physician Assistants
Professional Memberships and Activities
American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
Kansas Academy of Physician Assistants (KAPA)
Physician Assistants Orthopaedic Surgery (PAOS)
UC Davis Women’s Club Volleyball- President
UC Davis Women’s Club Volleyball- Vice President
Honors and Awards
National Scholar/ Athlete Award- awarded to one female and male from graduating class for excellence in academics and athletics
Gerinet Healthcare- community service project
Collaboratively implemented pet therapy program for hospice patients
Mobile Health Unit- student member
A mobile unit staffed by the Physician Assistant program, provided healthcare to Las Vegas underserved and homeless community
Yellow Dot Program- Student body leader
Program to aid emergency responders to vital health information in the event of an accident. Outcomes included increased awareness and increased funding for the program.
Personal Interests and Activities
Exercise & athletics, outdoor activities, traveling, home renovations
Available upon request